List of State Museums in Venice, Free Entrance on the First Sunday of the Month
According to a special law of July 2014 all State Museums in Italy are visitable for free on the first Sunday of each month. We at Ca’Leon d’Oro are glad to propose to all our guest the list of State Museums in Venice, they’re all incredible gems you can now enjoy for free:
- Giorgio Franchetti Gallery at the Ca’ d’Oro, which exhibits the important art collection of Baron Giorgio Franchetti, inside one of the world’s most famous Venetian palaces, the Ca’d’Oro.
- Accademia Galleries, which exhibits works of inestimable value, among them paintings by Carpaccio, Giorgione, Veronese, Tintoretto, Titian, Tiepolo, Canaletto, Guardi, Bellotto, Longhi.
- Archaeological Museum of Venice, which holds a large collection of antiquities right in St. Mark’s Square
- Oriental Art Museum at Ca’ Pesaro, which shows an impressive collection of works of Oriental art (mainly Japanese and Chinese), for a total of about 30,000 pieces
- Grimani Palace Museum in Santa Maria Formosa, with its unique rooms with 1500 frescoes
- Monumental Rooms at the Marciana National Library, which give the opportunity to know the beauty of the ancient Library of St. Mark’s Square
and in Venice Mainland, reachable by car:
- National Museum of Villa Pisani – Stra (VE)
- Archeological Museum of Quarto d’Altino (VE)
- Archeological Museum Concordiese – Portogruaro (VE)
- Paleochristian Church of Concordia Sagittaria (VE)
One more reason to plan your holiday in Venice on the first weekend of every month, enjoy Italian culture and art for free, we at Ca’Leon d’Oro will take care of your stay!